Friday, January 16, 2009

About me

My name is Traci Kassens. I am 47 years young, and going to UWM to earn my bachelor degree in Special Education. I have worked in the West Bend School District for the last 11 years as a Special Ed Aide. I have two children. My daughter 22, just graduated from UWM, and is now attending medical school. My son, 18, graduated from high school last spring, and is working full time along with achieving his master mechanic certification. I have been happily married for 26 1/2 years. I live in Slinger WI on Big Cedar Lake, and love, love, love the lake! My other passion is football. I have been a Tampa Bay Buccaneer fan since their inception in 1976.

I have never written on a blog, but have to read one every day. The principal at my school where I am employed, posts them daily. This blog was not difficult to set up at all. This a first time for me.

Here is a link to my favorite site!
Thanks for listening!
Traci

http://buccaneers.com

8 comments:

  1. Hi Traci,
    Its very nice to read about you, it sounds like your children along with you are becoming very successful in your lives and that is really exciting. Its really interesting that you are special ed aide, I am guessing that can be very challenging at times.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Traci, good for you going back to school to get your degree! I like you have a HUGE passion for football. Only difference is I like the other team by the bay. I dont live on the lake but my family does own a cabin on the lake in northern WI. Right outside of Crandon and its SO relaxing when I go up there with friends and family. So nice to get away from everything and go on the boat.
    -Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Traci! Nice to meet you. As a fellow 'returning student' (as UWM likes to call us) I share and admire your perseverence to continue your education. I look forward to working with you.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Traci,nice to know about you.I appreciate your passion for studying and your interest towards study.It increases my level of confidence towards studying when hearing from you.It would be of a nice experience to you,to share your thoughts and views with your children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Traci. my mom has always wanted to go back to school for Special Education, I guess she really hasn't had the time. I have to say though I'm not a huge fan the Bucs, I love my Packers, born and raised. This is definitely the first time I have blogged, looked at one, or written one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Traci, thank you for the info on that Band, I'll definitely look it up. Also, I wasn't sure where Freistadt was but I did search for it on google maps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Traci,
    I give you a lot of credit for working with special needs children. You must really love your job and being able to help and make a difference in their lives. Good for you to be going back to school to further your education.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carr’s points are not minor, especially for those of us in academia, where the traditional liberal arts/humanistic model of education is undergoing change, and in some cases, dismantled, in favor of a more vocational preparatory model. Furthermore, the changes that Carr suggests bear great relevance for philosophy and philosophical education — philosophy is a discipline that requires deep reading and reflection, something not fostered or encouraged by the Internet. I would like to emphasize on the 2 areas like How does philosophy survive and adapt to this new environment? Are there things we should strive to retain?

    ReplyDelete